PALUBA
March 28, 2024, 10:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno, dopuna Pravilnika foruma PALUBAinfo, tačka 22

Home   Help Login Register  

Prijatelji

▼▼▼▼

Mesto za Vaš baner

kontakt: brok@paluba.info

Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Destroyer SPLIT  (Read 28328 times)

crolick
mornar

« on: September 06, 2010, 09:08:10 pm »

Hi guys,

below I'm enclosing two of my artistic visions of the destroyer SPLIT (first design). Please keep in mind that it is based on German and Italian sources so it might not be true. Therefore any comments or additions are greatly appreciated! Was there ever published any drawing of prewar version of SPLIT in any Yugoslavian book or newspaper?

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Andrzej

PS.
Here is topic in which I was discussing this drawing: http://www.phpbbplanet.com/warshipprojects/viewtopic.php?t=1027&mforum=warshipprojects

* 1.gif (8.13 KB, 1200x600 - viewed 577 times.)

* 2.gif (118.99 KB, 1200x600 - viewed 570 times.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 07:00:14 am by Boro Prodanic, Reason: Pictures into attachment » Logged
kumbor
Stručni saradnik - opšti
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:10 pm »

Welcome, Crolick

Very interesting! I myself thought of that how this ship might have looked if completed. One-stacked (1 kominovy) looks more like Grom/Blyskavica. If two-stacked, I think she would look more like destroyer of "Beograd" class, which is more probable.
crolick
mornar

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 09:15:26 pm »

Welcome, Crolick

Very interesting! I myself thought of that how this ship might have looked if completed. One-stacked (1 kominovy) looks more like Grom/Blyskavica. If two-stacked, I think she would look more like destroyer of "Beograd" class, which is more probable.
Yes I do agree that 2-stacked is more probable however Brescia in his article about SPLIT drew only one stack. This is why I've made two versions Smiley

Though I hope that one day original plans of SPLIT will be found (or already are - I've heard rumours that Freivogel found something about SPLIT) and then we will be able to compare the original drawing with my sketches Cool

All the best,
Andrzej
ViribusUnitis
vodnik

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 12:06:23 am »

Was the intended name of destroyer "Split", the same one that was decided after WW2?
crolick
mornar

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:45:30 pm »

Was the intended name of destroyer "Split", the same one that was decided after WW2?
Pre-war SPLIT and post-war SPLIT is the same vessel. Just a bit rebuilt Wink
ViribusUnitis
vodnik

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:30:34 am »

I know it is the same vessel. I asked about the name, because I did not know that pre-war destroyer was aslo named "Split". (If it was named "Split", which I am not sure, so I am asking). For example, Maritime Encyclopedia (JLZ Edition Zagreb) on the fleet list of Yugoslav Royal Navy names that destroyer like "N".
kumbor
Stručni saradnik - opšti
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

"N" stands presumably for "New". It is probable that, if she would have been built, she would have been named  "Split". Nevertheless, in the end of thirties, structure of the country was in question - it was going towards federalization, and it would have affected naming of, for Yugoslavia, "capital ships".
ViribusUnitis
vodnik

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »

Well, besides of federalization vs. centralization dispute, ship naming policy reflected all parts of the country, for example, destroyers "B", "Z" and "LJ". With "Dubrovnik" and "Split", the third one (or the sixth) would probably be named "Sušak".
New Yugoslavia had similar naming policy. Names of republics for cruisers (never bulit), big Adriatic ports for destroyers etc.
jadran2
Stručni saradnik - istorija RM
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »

......The French company Chantiers de Loire helped with design work basing the ship on the Le Fantasque class destroyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yugoslav_destroyer_Split
crolick
mornar

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 03:37:28 pm »

WoW Shocked
http://www.forum-marinearchiv.de/smf/index.php/topic,26704.msg305037.html#msg305037
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 04:24:23 pm »

Well, all we can do is to wait for that article. Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Prijatelji

▼▼▼▼

Prostor za Vaš baner

kontakt: brok@paluba.info