PALUBA
April 25, 2024, 02:07:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Čitajte na Palubi roman "Centar" u nastavcima, autora srpskog podoficira i našeg administratora Kuzme

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Douglas DC-3 i njegove varijante  (Read 18819 times)

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 12:49:46 pm »

Toliko je bio uspešan da se za novi avion  zainteresovano još kompanija. American Airlines je kupila 16 DC-2-120,kupci su bili i  Eastern Air Lines, General Air Lines, Panagra i Pan American, a u Evropi, KLM, Lineas Aereas Postales Espanolas (LAPE) i Swissair.

KLM Douglas DC 2 snimljen u Mađarskoj, 1938. godina.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

* 1938. KLM Douglas DC 2.jpg (188.76 KB, 1600x1065 - viewed 51 times.)
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 01:34:06 pm »

DC 3 čehoslovačke avionske kompanije ČLS, Budimpešta, 1939. godine.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

* 1939. Budapest, ČLS Douglas DC-3.jpg (185.27 KB, 1600x1139 - viewed 43 times.)
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2020, 07:58:04 am »

The AC-47 was built during the Vietnam war. They used old World War II cargo planes that were all but obsolete by the time Vietnam intensified. They were outfitted with several gatling guns aimed out of the left side of the plane and used primarily to defend US bases being attacked by Viet-Cong and NVA forces at night time.

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 08:29:20 am »

It was the night of December 23rd, and U.S.-allied forces in the Army of the Republic of Vietnam, or the ARVN, were stationed at the Trahn Yend outpost on the Mekong River delta. The troops sensed a stealth attack from the Vietcong was imminent but were powerless to stop it. The local guerrilla army was closing in. ARVN officials had radioed a nearby U.S. Air Force base requesting aerial assistance. The situation was beyond tense.
The guerrillas were accustomed to this procedure and knew they had to simply retreat back into the jungles and fields and hide, and wait for the planes to exhaust their munitions. Eventually, the U.S. planes would assume the enemy had either been wiped out or withdrawn and would themselves retreat from the area. The guerillas would then re-emerge from the shadows and re-engage their attack.

For the Vietcong, though, that night was different. Huge streaks of bright red unleashed from the sky like glowing, thrashing tongues. They rained down in heavy, electric blankets in all directions. A new and powerful weapon had introduced itself that night: The Douglas AC-47. The glowing red of its ammunition gave the craft a nickname that quickly spread among the ARVN: “The Dragonship.”

Pages:  1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: