PALUBA
April 18, 2024, 09:58:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ovde možete pogledati te poručiti knjigu "Ešalon" jedan od autora je srpski podoficir i naš global moderator Kubovac
"Istorija razvoja sovjetskih i ruskih radara, komandno-informacionih sistema i sistema automatizacije"

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USA Ratna Mornarica sa Solarisa prelazi na Linuks opertivni sistem  (Read 1517 times)

Brok
Administrator
kapetan bojnog broda

Jednakost, Bratstvo, Sloboda

« on: May 11, 2014, 10:06:05 am »

Ratna Mornarica USA prelazi sa Solaris (Juniks) na Linuks operativni sistem. Kao glavni razlog navodi se veća fleksibilnost Linuksa, kao i lakši rad na Linuksovom korisničkom grafičkom sučelju (takozvani "user friendly GUI"). 

The US NAVY has contracted a third-party company to help them switch to Linux for their UAV program – not from Windows, but from Solaris.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

In the midst of all the migrations that the digital world is experiencing right now, the last thing that you would expect to see is for a major branch of the US military to ask to switch to Linux from another Unix solution.

Solaris has been considered for many years one of the most stable solutions available, either if it was for military purposes or for civil applications, such as airports and other branches. This is not one of the most publicized operating systems in the world, but Solaris is actually running on a number critical systems.

What Solaris doesn’t have is a flexible infrastructure and a friendly interface. Sure, it can be tweaked in a number of ways, but it is not meant to be pleasant, it's built to work and to be secure.

“Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) control experts at the Raytheon Co. Technical Services segment in Dulles, Va., will switch a major unmanned helicopter control system from Solaris to Linux software, and upgrade the system with universal UAV control qualities under terms of a $15.8 (€11.3) million contract.”

“Officials of the U.S. Naval Air Systems command at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Md., are asking Raytheon to upgrade the company's Vertical Takeoff and Landing Unmanned Air Vehicle (VTUAV) Tactical Control System (TCS), which was designed to help operators fly the Northrop Grumman MQ-8 Fire Scout unmanned helicopter,” reads the official announcement regarding this transition.

The new system will have to provide some essential features that seemed to be missing on the current platform, such as intuitive controls, automated testing procedures, and support software upgrades in the field.

This is just one measure that affects just one small branch of the US Navy, but it seems that the people in charge want to make the entire system compatible and work on the same architecture, which should be the same for all military services as a common basis for buying, developing, and upgrading a wide variety of U.S. military UAV control systems.

The Navy also said that the life of the proprietary Sun Microsystems Solaris 8 is coming to an end, which is probably the main reason for this switch. It's unclear what the other branch of the military will do, but Linux is probably a safe bet.

Izvor: softpedia.com

Postoji priča (za sada je samo nezvanična priča) da će zajednica Linuks korisnika iz Srbije ponuditi Vojsci Srbije jednu Linuks distribuciju (najverovatnije Debian), koja bi bila u potpunosti prevdena na srpsku latinicu ili ćirilicu kao i prilagođena potrebama Vojske Srbije.
To je odavno uradila turska kao i mnoge druge vojske, sa tim da Turke izdvajam jer su angažovali ljude iz zajednice da napišu za potrebe turske vojske Linuks distribuciju koja će piti potpuno nezavisna, što znači da je napisana od nule i ne bazira se na postojećim distribucijama.

Naše komšije Hrvati imaju čak i Vladinu radnu grupu koja se bavi migracijom sa Windowsa na Open Source aplikativna rešenja. Svaka čast HULK-u (Hrvatska udruga Linuks korsnika), jer je ona najviše zaslužna za tu radnu grupu.
Inače, svaki dan smo u kontaktu sa komšijama Hrvatima i Slovencima (na nivou GNU/Linuks i FLOSS zajednica), pa ćemo možda jednog dana i naučiti nešto od naših suseda, a ne potpisuju se ugovori sa Majrosoftom. Ma šta je to za "bogatu" Srbiju.

jeremijaljesina
stariji vodnik

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 10:55:27 am »

Naše komšije Hrvati imaju čak i Vladinu radnu grupu koja se bavi migracijom sa Windowsa na Open Source aplikativna rešenja. Svaka čast HULK-u (Hrvatska udruga Linuks korsnika), jer je ona najviše zaslužna za tu radnu grupu.
Inače, svaki dan smo u kontaktu sa komšijama Hrvatima i Slovencima (na nivou GNU/Linuks i FLOSS zajednica), pa ćemo možda jednog dana i naučiti nešto od naših suseda, a ne potpisuju se ugovori sa Majrosoftom. Ma šta je to za "bogatu" Srbiju.

Hvala, hvala... No nije baš sve tako ružičasto za Open Source rješenja za HR Vladu. Otpora je puno.
Rade
Administrator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 11:48:38 am »

Otpor je uvek prisutan, manji ili veći. Bune se iz straha od novog (jedva su se pojedinci navikli na Microsoftove proizvode, ko će sada učiti Linux), a bune se i oni koji imaju finansijsku korist od bivstvovanja Microsofta u državnim službama.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: