PALUBA
April 20, 2024, 02:29:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Čitajte na Palubi roman "Centar" u nastavcima, autora srpskog podoficira i našeg administratora Kuzme

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Udes IRIAF F-14A Tomcat prilikom prinudnog sletanja  (Read 801 times)

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« on: May 17, 2019, 08:35:35 am »

IRIAF F-14A je doživeo udes prilkom prinudnog sletanja, pilot i RIO su se katapultirali i obojca su nepovređeni. Još nije poznat kompletan obim štete.

IRIAF F-14A Tomcat crashed, both crew members ejected safely

The F-14A reported an emergency to air traffic control during its training flight.

As reported by Scramble Facebook News Magazine, one of the few remaining Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force (IRIAF) F-14A Tomcats was involved in a crash at home base Esfahãn-Shahid Beheshti International Airport (Iran).

The IRIAF F-14A from the 8th Tactical Air Base crashed while it was landing. The aircraft reported an emergency to air traffic control during its training flight, subsequently the fighter was approved to make a quick landing at Esfahãn, but the aircraft was not able to hold position and skidded of the runway. Both pilot and Radar Intercept Officer (RIO) were forced to eject. They parachuted safely to mother earth.

The damage to the Tomcat is not known yet. Hopefully pictures will become available soon.

It is said that the IRIAF only have some twelve to fourteen operational F-14A and F-14AMs left. The IRIAF faces large problems to keep their Tomcats in the air (the AM version is locally modified and equipped with new avionics and multi-function displays in the cockpit, counter measure systems, radar warning receivers and an inertial navigation system).

izvor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: