PALUBA
April 19, 2024, 04:08:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno - Na forumu PalubaInfo novoregistrovane članove odobravamo ručno, to može potrajati 24 h, ali je neophodno da novoregistrovani korisnik aktivira svoj nalog koji će dobiti putem e-pošte u navedenom vremenu

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages:  [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torpedni čamci Type 108 (Yu-Higgins) u Cipar  (Read 35067 times)

Ristan
mornar

« on: October 14, 2009, 07:44:22 am »

Hi everybody on forum.
Unfortunately I don't know Croatian that well (just understanding a little), so I'll write my question in English. 
In 1971-72 Yugoslavia sold 3 MTB of "Type 108" to Cyprus. One of them can be visible on image of Cypriot naval base "Chrysoulis" (at the left part of attached photo).
So, can anybody provide more information on this boats:
- what exactly boats were sold to Cyprus - their names or pennant numbers in Yugoslav navy
- what armament version they were - torpedo or artillery
- any additional photos or information on these boats in Yugoslav or Cyprus navies.

Thank you all in advice...  Smiley
Ristan

* Nbase.jpg (94.86 KB, 600x396 - viewed 497 times.)
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:01:33 am »

I have found this, it is in Russian:

Сокращенный военный бюджет страны исключал так же и возможность приобретения новых боевых единиц. Правда, согласно европейским источникам, в 1970-71 гг. правительство Кипра приобрело в Югославии три ТКА типа "108" (выпускавшихся по типу американских 78 футовых PT boats), выведенных из состава ВМС еще в 1962-1965 годах. Однако даже сегодня сложно с уверенностью сказать - имела место покупка или таковая всего лишь предполагалась. Нет и точных сведений о том, в каком варианте эти катера предлагались к продаже - в торпедном или артиллерийском. Как бы то ни было, но ни один источник не приводит информацию ни о названиях, ни о дальнейшей судьбе "югославов" в составе ВМС Кипра. Обращает также на себя внимание и тот факт, что информация о югославских ТКА в составе военно-морских сил Кипра начала появляться в зарубежных справочниках только после 1975 г.

http://artofwar.ru/r/ruben_d/cyprusno1.shtml
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:59 am »

I have found this, it is in Russian:

Thank you, but... it's my article...  Wink Smiley and now I'm looking information to correct it.
By the time I published it I didn't have any proof of presence of Yugoslav MTBs in cypriot service.
Image of naval base "Chrysoulis" with Yugoslav made MTB I found after publication of my article...
So I hope that may be here I can find any help in this question.

Regards..
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 10:26:54 am »

Well, will try to dig out something Wink
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:03:55 am »

So far we have confirmation that they were a torpedo version. We have to ask you for some patience until we find other information you have requested. Smiley
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 12:12:49 pm »

Thank you MOTORISTA!

We have to ask you for some patience until we find other information you have requested. Smiley
I've spend 1,5 year to collect all possible information... It's not a problem to wait a bit more Smiley  Wink

So far we have confirmation that they were a torpedo version.
So it's mean, that they were belong to this modification of "Type 108" MTBs (see image) ??

* torpednicamac.jpg (42.14 KB, 583x385 - viewed 460 times.)
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 06:11:54 pm »

So far we have confirmation that they were a torpedo version.
So it's mean, that they were belong to this modification of "Type 108" MTBs (see image) ??

That is corect, they were torpedo version.
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 05:20:05 pm »

Ok guys...
By now I managed to collect some extra information.
Cyprus purchased 3 MTBs of "type 108" in 1971, but put into service only 1, as replacement to soviet built "T-5" (project 123K/P4 "Skinhead"), which was used as a source of spare parts for other MTBs of its type. What happened to other two "yugoslavs" still unknown, but there is some information, that all 3 boats was in a bad condition and had poor speed.  
Most probably (here now I need confirmation or disproof) two of sold MTBs in Yugoslav navy had Nr. 133 & 145 (special thanks to Mr. Freivogel).

All this I already included into my article and published. (http://artofwar.ru/r/ruben_d/cyprusno1.shtml)

Best Regards... Smiley
Boro Prodanic
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 09:03:54 pm »

Hi Ristan!

You have not been on Paluba for some time, welcome back! I can`t read Russian, maybe you have English version of this article?
Thank you in advance!

Best regards and wish you succes in your work.

Boro
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 11:54:56 pm »

Hi Ristan!
You have not been on Paluba for some time, welcome back!

Hi Boro!
Actually I'm trying to check news on Paluba every day angel, but had nothing to post...  Roll Eyes

I can`t read Russian, maybe you have English version of this article?

No, unfortunally my English is not enough for that. Perhaps, if I get proposal to publish it in english-language magazine, I'll order professional translation of it.

Thank you for your warm wishes and best regards.  Smiley
Boro Prodanic
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 07:58:55 am »

OK Ristan, hope you will find something interesting on Paluba.

Best regards!
alross2
mornar

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 02:36:17 am »

This may be one of the three TC 108 boats sold to Cyprus.  The mast is definitely that of a TC 108 and the engines are not Packards.  These were sent to me by a friend on Malta.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Al Ross

* 1.jpg (113.86 KB, 799x536 - viewed 518 times.)

* 2.jpg (285.23 KB, 799x540 - viewed 520 times.)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 07:19:44 am by Boro Prodanic, Reason: Pictures transposing into attachment » Logged
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 03:21:11 am »

Hi alross2!!
Yes, you are right, this is definitely Type 108 boat.  Don't know about engines, but the mast says everything.
Is there somehow any possibility to find exact information from where this boat was brought for scrap??? When this photos were made???  Huh?
I'm asking, because this could be also one of the old boats that Yugoslav (or even Croat) government just sold for scrap to Malta, or just boat was in private use and then sold to scrap.  Roll Eyes
But anyway - thank you and your friend very much for these photos!!!  
Another interesting fact and information to research..  

« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:27:38 am by Ristan » Logged
alross2
mornar

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 11:57:52 pm »

Are any plans available for the TC 108 boats?  I'm only interested in official drawings or drawings made from official drawings.  These are a portion of my plans for PT 209, which I developed from factory drawings and photos. 

Jesu li planovi dostupni za TC 108 brodova? Ja sam samo zanima u službenim crteži ili crteži izrađeni od službenih crteža.  (I hope this is correct).

Al Ross
Ristan
mornar

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 12:01:40 pm »

%
This may be one of the three TC 108 boats sold to Cyprus.  The mast is definitely that of a TC 108 and the engines are not Packards.  These were sent to me by a friend on Malta.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Al Ross

After some research of this photos, with 90% certainty I can say that they were made in Limassol shipyard (Karnavio) circa 1990-99.
Pages:  [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: