PALUBA
April 24, 2024, 06:07:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno - Pravilnik foruma PALUBAinfo

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HMS Victory  (Read 3580 times)

vathra
potporučnik

« on: July 31, 2008, 06:57:24 pm »

HMS Victory je britanski linijski brod.
Gradnja je počela 1759, brod je porinut 1765. i tek 1778. je primljen u Royal Navy.
Deplasman: 3500 tona, dužina: 70 m, gaz: 6,6m, 850 članova posade.
Naoružanje oko 100 topova.

Najpoznatiji je kao komandni brod admirala Nelsona u Trafalgarskoj bici.
Ovaj brod i danas postoji, i najstariji je ratni brod u mornaricama sveta, iako je sad brod-muzej i nalazi se u suvom doku.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hms_victory
Rade
Administrator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:05:11 pm »

Malo stariji brod je ratni brod švedske mornarice Vasa (Wasa) koji je gradjen u periodu 1626 - 1628. a bio je toliki baksuz da je potonuo na prvoj plovidbi. Kasnije je izvadjen i pretvoren u muzej...

vathra
potporučnik

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:27:31 pm »

Nisam znao da je Vasa stariji.
Mada ima dosta igre reči u terminologiji:
Victory je i dalje u RN, mada ne plovi i muzej je.
USS Constitution je i dalje u US Navy, i plovi (ima preko 200 godina)
Solaris
kapetan bojnog broda

#vragu i rat#

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:53:34 pm »

HMS Victory 'set to be recovered' from seabed

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Print of HMS Victory HMS Victory was lost in a storm in 1744

The remains of a 300-year-old warship are to be raised from the sea bed, according to reports.
The wreck of HMS Victory, a predecessor of Nelson's famous flagship, was found near the Channel Islands in 2008.
The British warship, which went down in a storm in 1744 killing more than 1,000 sailors, could contain gold coins worth an estimated £500m.
The Sunday Times says the Maritime Heritage Foundation is set to manage the wreck's raising.
It also reports that the charity will employ Odyssey Marine Exploration to carry out the recovery.
The American company found the ship four years ago, with the ship's identity confirmed by a bronze cannon.
The guns and other reclaimed artefacts will be displayed in British museums, however under the laws of salvage, Odyssey is likely to receive the bulk of any treasure found, according to the newspaper.
A Ministry of Defence spokeswoman said: "Efforts to protect key parts of British Naval history such as the wreck of HMS Victory 1744 are very welcome and we hope to make an announcement shortly."

'Great maritime mystery'

The chairman of the foundation, Lord Lingfield, is a relative of Admiral Sir John Balchin, who was onboard the warship when it sank.
The Tory peer, formerly known as Sir Robert Balchin, told the newspaper that he would not profit from the ship's cargo.
He added: "We will have the satisfaction of solving a great maritime mystery that has been part of my family history since the 18th Century."
The 300ft (90m) ship was discovered by the Florida-based firm in May 2008, nearly 65 miles (100km) from where it was historically believed to have sunk.
At the time, the company's chief executive, Greg Stemm, said: "HMS Victory was the mightiest vessel of the 18th Century and the eclectic mix of guns we found on the site will prove essential in further refining our understanding of naval weaponry used during the era."
The Dutch financial publication, Amsterdamsche Courant, reported on 18 November 1744, a month after the ship sank: "People will have it that on board of The Victory was a sum of 400,000 pounds sterling that it had brought from Lisbon for our merchants."
It was also thought that large quantities of silver and gold coins would have been on board HMS Victory from enemy prize ships captured by Balchin, worth £120,000 at the time.
In a report, the exploratory company said only a cannon, marked with the crest of King George I, has been recovered so far.
The remains of the ship's hull, an iron ballast, two anchors, a copper kettle and rigging have been spotted on the sea bed.

BBC News

* hms_victory_print.jpg (49.54 KB, 640x360 - viewed 119 times.)
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 04:12:57 pm »

The worlds oldest commissioned warship, the first rate ship of the line HMS Victory.

Boro Prodanic
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 05:41:30 pm »

Pre 14 godina sam obišao taj brod. Interesantno je videti kako se u to doba živelo na ratnom brodu (ni trgovački nisu bili mnogo udobniji za mornare).

Tada u Portsmutu sam obišao i jednu škotsku ribaricu, u to doba staru 104 godine koja je doplovila na manifestaciju proslave 200 godina od bitke kod Trafalgara. Jedina razlika u odnosu na originalno stanje je promenjen motor koji je tada bio već više od 40 godina star. Kao i kod Victory potpalublje je vrlo nisko pa sam "overio" dve ili tri potpalubne grede glavom jer sam zurio u detalje...
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 05:26:08 pm »

HMS Victory, 80-tih.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

* HMS Victory.jpg (1272.47 KB, 2188x3172 - viewed 4 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: