PALUBA
May 03, 2024, 06:17:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno - Pravilnik za prenošenje vesti na forumu PalubaInfo

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australija modernizuje svoje podmornice klase Collins  (Read 994 times)

MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« on: September 28, 2021, 07:10:57 pm »

Australija modernizuje svije podmornice klase Collins kako bi mogle da ostanu u stroju do 2048. godine.

Submarine Upgrade Will Extend Australian Navy’s Collins Class To 2048
H I Sutton  28 Sep 2021

Hints are emerging as to what the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) might be planning for their Collins Class submarines. They are often regarded as among the best long-range non-nuclear submarines in the World. Bit they require upgrades to keep them up there until 2048 when nuclear boats are expected to take over.

As Australia starts the ball rolling on acquiring nuclear-powered submarines, their current force remains in focus. The nuclear boats will be delivered under a new Australia-United Kingdom-United States (AUKUS) partnership. AUKUS is a bold step and comes with many challenges. Transferring to the nuclear submarines is extremely complex.

And it will take time. So until then, the Collins Class will remain the backbone of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). To keep it a leading design, the Collins Class will be substantially upgraded. The ‘Life of type extension’ will extend their service life until 2048, or later if required.

Speaking at Saab’s Submarine Seminar on September 28, Andy Keough, the Managing Director of Saab Australia, emphasized the deterrence aspect of a countries’ submarine needs. He shared that submarines provided “deterrence, protecting a nations livelihood and national interest”. Submarines are a unique asset, a strategic asset. He also emphasized the long-range nature of Australia’s submarine needs.

Since the RAN’s first AE Class submarines during World War One, their boats have been required to do extended missions. This is quite unlike most other navies with nonnuclear submarines, who can focus on coastal missions close to home. (An interesting connection here is with how the Netherlands employs its submarines).

Building on this tradition, the Swedish-designed Collins Class is at the larger end of the non-nuclear submarine spectrum. They are often at sea for more than 50 days and operate well beyond Australia’s home waters.

The upgrade is expected to reinforce this vital capability. While it is currently unconfirmed, Keough suggested that a renewal of the major propulsion equipment might be on the cards. This would include the diesel generators, and propulsive machinery.

If Saab are involved, it could also leverage technologies developed for Sweden’s new A-26 class. Keough pointed out that the Collin’s Class is modular. Saab, with the Kockums linage, have extensive experience of cutting submarines in half and inserting new capabilities. They have done this on many classes in the past, most recently with Sweden’s Gotland Class.

While Saab did not specify what new capabilities would be fitted, this implies that AIP (Air Independent Power) might be an option. Or if not, major new elements which require opening the hull. The Collins class is already large and any hull extension, perhaps for more missiles, would push it even further on the scales. But it is still much smaller than the expected nuclear submarines.

As it stands the contract for the upgrade have not yet been decided. Saab foresee their involvement since they designed the type. But they are currently waiting for a formal requests from the Australian Government.

Izvor: CLICK
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:44:36 am »

Collins-i bi trebalo onda po ovome da traju još 20-tak i kusur godina, taman negde do onog perioda kad bi se ispunile optimističke nade da će nove nuklearne podmornice biti operativne.

Na kraju, Australija neće imati nikakve podmornice. Niti su sposobni da izgrade nuklearne podmornice u Adelaidu, niti Collins-i su u stanju da traju toliko ma kakve intervencije na njima budu izvodili.

Australia is 'going to have nothing' when it comes to submarines

The Australian’s Foreign Editor Greg Sheridan says the only thing to happen from Australia’s new submarine deal with America and the United Kingdom is “we’ve killed our conventional submarines”.

“If we start constructing these subs in Adelaide in 10 years' time, we won’t have built any subs for thirty years before then, it will be two decades at least before we get a sub after that,” Mr Sheridan told Sky News Australia.

“All that the government's promised us so far is that we’re not going to have any submarine capability at all at the end of the Collins.

“And for the next 20 to 30 years, the only capability we’re going to have is the Collins capability, which is already old and reaching the end of its useful life.

“All that’s its really announced is that we are going to have nothing.”

MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 09:46:45 am »

Australijancima je jedina opcija kupovina nuklearnih podmornica u inostranstvu, najverovatnije od engleza. Sami su sebe zakopali sa ovim poslom AUKUS-a.
Morskoprase
zastavnik

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 09:59:36 am »

Ovaj ishod je moguća posledica australske medijske podrške odnosno suprotstavljanja američkom demokratskom planu, pošto je prilično glasne kritike trenutačnog predsednika SAD i njegovih postupaka. Na duže vreme (ako/kad) Amerikanci ustanove, da je iz nekog razloga potrebno olabaviti politićke tenzije sa Kinom, ne samo Tajvan nego i Australija moći će se naći na listi restriktivne politike izvoza naoružanja (kao se to već bezbroj puta dogodilo Tajvanu), a da vuk dlaku menja ali ne i ćudi, mogu da potvrde Afganistanci, Vietnamci, Kurdi i još bi se ko mogao naći.

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 10:56:06 am »

Pustiće ih "niz vodu" iza prvog ostrva u južnokineskom moru ako im to bude zgodno i u interesu. Ostaće im samo šupalj nos do očiju.
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2021, 11:03:50 am »

Kao i obično. Samo me čudo od Ozija da su toliko lakoverni.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: