PALUBA
May 01, 2024, 03:09:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ovde možete pogledati te poručiti knjigu "Ešalon" jedan od autora je srpski podoficir i naš global moderator Kubovac
"Istorija razvoja sovjetskih i ruskih radara, komandno-informacionih sistema i sistema automatizacije"

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Srusila se dva F/A-18C u Pacifiku  (Read 1619 times)

Solaris
kapetan bojnog broda

#vragu i rat#

« on: September 12, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

Dva američka borbena zrakoplova F/A-18 Hornet srušila su se u zapadnom dijelu Pacifičkog oceana, potvrdila je američka vojska. Jedan je pilot spašen, dok se za drugim pilotom i zrakoplovom još uvijek traga.

Two US Navy jets have crashed into the western Pacific Ocean, with one pilot still missing, the Navy has said.

The F/A-18C Hornets were operating off the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson when they came down.

The rescued pilot is receiving medical attention aboard the ship and a search effort is underway to find the second, the navy said.

The two jets, which cost $57m (£35m) each, have not been recovered.

The cause of the incident is under investigation, the navy said in a statement.

The search for the second pilot is being conducted by the guided-missile cruiser USS Bunker Hill, guided-missile destroyer USS Gridley, and a number of helicopters.

The planes were flying in the US 7th Fleet's area of responsibility, which stretches west from the International Date Line to the India-Pakistan border.

http://www.bbc.com/
Solaris
kapetan bojnog broda

#vragu i rat#

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:49:11 am »

Prekinuta potraga za drugim pilotom.

The US Navy has called off its search for the pilot of one of two jets that crashed over the western Pacific Ocean on Friday, a spokesman has said.

The two F/A-18C Hornets were operating off the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson when they came down.

The other pilot was rescued shortly after and received medical attention aboard the ship. He has since been released from medical facilities.

The two jets, which cost $57m (£35m) each, have not been recovered.

"This is an exceptionally difficult time for the friends and family of the missing pilot and the Navy community," Rear Adm Christopher Grady told reporters.

The identity of the pilot will not be released until the family notification process is complete, he added.

The planes were flying routine operations in the US 7th Fleet's area of responsibility, which stretches west from the International Date Line to the India-Pakistan border.

The two aircraft had not long taken off from USS Carl Vinson when they apparently collided about 11 km (7 miles) from the carrier.

The crash occurred about 290 miles west of Wake Island, which is 2,300 miles west of Honolulu, a spokesman said.

http://www.bbc.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: