PALUBA
April 27, 2024, 08:08:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno - Obavezno proverite neželjenu (junk/spam) e-poštu da bi aktivirali svoj nalog

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Američka vojska kupuje raketni sistem "Gvozdena kupola"  (Read 1541 times)

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« on: August 23, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »

Američka vojska kupuje raketni sistem "Gvozdena kupola"

Finalizovan je ugovor o nabavci raketnog sistema "Gvozdena kupola" u okviru postizanja privremenih sposobnosti vojske SAD za odbranu od krstarećih raketa.

To je potvrdio Deril Jangmen, zamenik direktora zaduženog sa modernizaciju vazdušne i raketne odbrane američke vojske, čiju je izjavu nedavno preneo Američki portal Difens njuz (Defence News).

Nabavka sistema je deo razvojnog programa IFPC (Indirect Fires Protection Capability) u kome će biti definisana odbrana od raketa, artiljerijskih granata i minobacača, kao i bespilotnih letelica i krstarećih raketa, piše portal Tangosiks.

Vojska će dobiti "Gvozdenu kupolu" (Iron Dome) prvobitno za testiranje, a da li će se dalje kupovine realizovati zavisi od rezultata ispitivanja sistema. Ugovorom je predviđena isporuka dve baterije u 2020. godini a njihova nabavka je finansijski obezbeđena u 2019. fiskalnoj godini.

Ako se u toku ispitivanja performansi sistem dobro pokaže, mogao bi postati deo dugotrajnih sposobnosti američke vojske za odbranu od krstarećih raketa.

Jangmen je za Difens njuz izjavio da se izvode analize i eksperimentisanja programa IFPC, što uključuje i neke analize i simulacije na inženjerskom nivou kako bi se utvrdile performanse višestrukih opcija koje uključuju i sistem Iron Dome ili neke njegove elemente, nakon čega bi se sve to integrisalo u sistem vazdušne i raketne odbrane.

Iron Dome će biti poslat u operativne jedinice, gde će najverovatnije biti korišćen na različitim vežbama kako bi se zaključilo na koji način se može koristiti kao deo IFPC programa i drugih vazdušnih odbrambenih arhitektura, i to u poređenju sa načinom na koji se za odbranu od raketa malog dometa trenutno upotrebljava u Izraelu.

Prethodno je iz kancelarije američke vojske saopšteno da će ova služba preispitati svoju strategiju u okviru programa IFPC i tokom leta i jeseni ove godine izvršiti niz eksperimenata kako bi se stekao bolji uvid o tome kako bi IFPC mogao izgledati izvan privremenih mogućnosti.

SAD su još od sredine 2018. razmatrale nabavku nekoliko baterija sistema Iron Dome a spominjalo se da će se u te svrhe potrošiti oko 373 miliona dolara. Definitivna potvrda da je planirana kupovina ovog sistema dobijena je početkom februara ove godine.

Iron Dome je razvila izraelska kompanija "Rafael", deo sistema se od 2014. godine proizvodi u SAD u firmi "Rejtion" a Sjedinjene Države su do sada u njegov razvoj uložile 1,39 milijardi dolara.

Sistem je postao operativan još 2011. godine a od januara 2010. je do danas, kako tvrde pojedini izvori, u odbrani Izraela njime uništeno oko 1.500 ciljeva uz procenat uspešnosti od oko 90 procenata.

U početku je bio predviđen za uništavanje različitih raketa, artiljerijskih granata i bespilotnih letelica na malim daljinama, ali je daljim razvojem dobio sposobnost dejstva i na krstareće rakete, minobacačke mine i rakete sistema zemlja-zemlja srednjeg dometa.

izvor
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 11:38:49 am »

Kratka analiza generala Henrija A. Oberinga III u vezi sa nabavkom raketnog sistema Iron Dome za KoV SAD.

Should the US rely on Iron Dome for the long term?
By: Lt. Gen. Henry A. Obering III (ret.) November 10, 2020

The U.S. Army’s recent acquisition of two Iron Dome short-range air defense batteries from Israel provides a much-needed solution to one of America’s critical security needs.

While Israel financed the development of the first two Iron Dome systems, the United States provided funding for continued improvement, production and deployment. For many years, America has provided Israel billions of dollars for its national security including funding for missile defense capabilities. The partnership has been nothing short of gamechanging to how Israel defends its home front from rocket attacks. Now that the U.S. military has its own Iron Dome, it can fill a much-needed security gap in U.S. air defenses.

As the former head of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, I had a close relationship with the Israel Defense Forces and the Israel Missile Defense Organization, and valued their constant pursuit for innovative defenses. Much of the annual funds that the United States provides to Israel flows through the MDA, giving me a tremendous appreciation for the complicated rocket threats that Israel faces on its borders with Gaza, Lebanon and Syria.

To address rockets coming from very short distances, Israeli innovation developed the Iron Dome, which is in actuality two systems: a counter-rocket, artillery and mortar system; and a very short-range air defense system. If Iron Dome’s radar senses an incoming rocket, it determines whether there is a threat to Israeli populations and, if so, fires a Tamir missile to intercept the incoming projectile.

Iron Dome has stopped over 2,000 rockets fired at Israeli population centers with a remarkable success rate, an achievement that also shifted U.S. thinking about homeland missile defense. During Operation Iraqi Freedom, the United States defended its military forces abroad with the Patriot PAC-3, but there was pushback about the merits and efficiency of homeland missile defense. Now, Washington has awakened to the potential for innovative air defenses.

In 2007, I visited Sderot — an often-shelled town in western Israel near Gaza — shortly after rocket attacks had forced residents to take shelter. At that time, Iron Dome was just in its development stage, but it would become operational within four years. When I viewed what remained of the projectiles in Sderot, I found the Palestinians had been using cheap materials. The poles of street signs became fuselages, with their sheet metal signs being makeshift fins.

Trying to stop rockets that took only a few hundred dollars to build with expensive defensive interceptors is very cost-inefficient. While a Patriot missile costs roughly $3 million, the Iron Dome interceptor costs a much more efficient $40,000.

Iron Dome also secures very short ranges that existing U.S. systems were not designed to cover. Existing Terminal High Altitude Area Defense systems already provide U.S. forces with the ability to intercept short-, medium- and intermediate-range ballistic missiles. For example, Iranian proxies have launched dozens of rockets against U.S. forces in Iraq similar to the ones that Palestinians launch from Gaza against the Israelis. There is also a possible application on the Korean Peninsula where THAAD systems can guard against higher-level attacks but are inefficient at protecting Seoul from very short-range North Korean missile attacks.

Additionally, the Israelis have deployed a naval version of Iron Dome to protect offshore natural gas resources that the U.S. Navy should explore acquiring. Last year the Marine Corps successfully tested and integrated the Iron Dome system. The question before Washington is whether Iron Dome should be the technology the United States relies upon in the long term for its indirect fires protection capability.

In August, Israel-based Rafael and U.S.-based Raytheon announced a joint venture to establish an “all-up-round” (the designation for completely assembled weapons) facility in the United States to build Iron Dome, Tamir interceptors and launchers, and a U.S. variant of Tamir called SkyHunter.

The Army has said it will use SkyHunter as an interim solution to its indirect fires protection capability needs but has wanted an all-in-one solution for air defense; whereas Iron Dome is an in-the-hand solution to specific issues it currently faces in Iraq and elsewhere. The fact is that Iron Dome is the most proven and affordable option against very short-range fire.

Reportedly, part of the holdup was a request from U.S. officials for Iron Dome proprietary source code. Yet, there are technological solutions to this problem that do not require the Israelis to turn over financially and operationally valuable source code. One option could be through technical escrow accounts, which would allow trusted national security officials to process integration without putting Israeli ingenuity at risk. At the same time, the United States does not need proprietary Israeli intellectual property to derive use from the air defense system. Integrating the Iron Dome within U.S. defenses would be ideal, but there are still discreet interoperable uses for the system, similar to how the Marines reportedly connected it to their Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar.

It is excellent news that the Army has acquired the Iron Dome. However, limiting the purchase and deployment undervalues its potential to protect American troops. Washington and Jerusalem should work together so that the U.S. military can implement more of these gamechanging defenses.

Retired U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Henry A. Obering III served as the director of the Missile Defense Agency and is a member of the Jewish Institute for National Security of America’s U.S.-Israel Security Policy Project.

Izvor: CLICK
MOTORISTA
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 01:00:09 pm »

Sistem Iron Dome je nabavljen kako bi se popunila rupa u odbrani od krstarećih projektila.

Iron Dome batteries activated to fill cruise missile defense gap
By: Jen Judson November 14, 2020

WASHINGTON — The Army has activated two air defense artillery batteries at Fort Bliss, Texas, that will evaluate the Iron Dome system for possible integration into the Army’s air-and missile defense architecture, according to a Nov. 13 statement from the service.

The Iron Dome batteries will serve as an interim capability to fill a cruise missile defense gap. The change was mandated by Congress while the Army determines a long-term solution to combat such threats in addition to countering rockets, artillery, mortars and drones.

The Army took receipt of the first Iron Dome battery in Israel in October. The Fort Bliss-based units are expected to receive one Iron Dome system in December followed by the second in January.

To stand up the two batteries, the Army is converting a Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) battery and realigning resources from the U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery School — which is a part of the Army’s force realignment initiative — according to the statement.

The move is expected to be complete by Nov. 16 and will result in 26 additional personnel at Fort Bliss. The Army chose Fort Bliss because of its proximity to White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, where the systems will be tested and evaluated.

The units will spend the next year training, testing and working with the systems to prepare Iron Dome for operation deployment by late 2021.

Part of the effort, according to the statement, will include integration of Iron Dome into the Army’s Integrated Battle Command System, which is the command-and-control element of the service’s future Integrated Air and Missile Defense architecture. The IBCS system is expected to reach a production decision this month and will undergo an initial operational test and evaluation in 2021. Northrop Grumman is the prime contractor on the program.

The Army plans to make a final stationing decision on where and how to employ the systems “through either a forward stationing decision and/or Dynamic Force Employment concept in response to contingency operations” when the batteries reach operational deployment capability, the statement notes.

The service plans to hold a shoot-off to determine an enduring capability for its Indirect Fires Protection Capability Increment 2 system — designed to defend against C-RAM, UAS and cruise missile threats — in the spring of 2021. Elements of the Iron Dome system will be part of that shoot-off.

Iron Dome has a long track record of operational success in Israel and is produced through a partnership with Israeli-based Rafael and Raytheon.

Those companies are making plans to produce Iron Dome systems in the United States and are expected to pick a location for production by the end of the year.

Izvor: CLICK
Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 07:04:07 am »

Izrael zaštitio Ameriku „Gvozdenom kupolom“

Izrael je završio isporuke sistema PVO „Gvozdena kupola“ američkoj vojsci, saopštilo je izraelsko ministarstvo odbrane.

U septembru je Izrael isporučio američkoj vojsci prvu od dve baterije protivraketne odbrane „Gvozdena kupola“ koju je proizvela kompanija Rafael Advanced Systems.

„Prošlog vikenda Izrael je isporučio drugu od dve baterije sistema „Gvozdena kupola“ američkoj vojsci“, saopštila je pres-služba Ministarstva.

Ministar odbrane Izraela Beni Ganc naglasio je da „isporuka Gvozdene kupole“ američkoj vojsci još jednom pokazuje tesne veze Ministarstva odbrane Izraela i ministarstva odbrane SAD, efikasnost sistema protiv različitih pretnji i odlične tehnološke mogućnosti izraelske industrije“.

Ugovor o kupovini dve baterije „Gvozdene kupole“ potpisan je u avgustu 2019. godine. Sistemi PVO, izraelske proizvodnje, koristiće se za zaštitu američke vojske od različitih tipova balističkih i vazdušnih pretnji. Sistem „Gvozdena kupola“ je prilagođen američkim uslovima.

izvor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: