PALUBA
April 29, 2024, 05:12:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ovde možete pogledati te poručiti knjigu "Ešalon" jedan od autora je srpski podoficir i naš global moderator Kubovac
"Istorija razvoja sovjetskih i ruskih radara, komandno-informacionih sistema i sistema automatizacije"

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CVN 70 USS "Carl Vinson" na održavanju mesec dana nakon povratka u službu  (Read 1314 times)

Dreadnought
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« on: August 05, 2009, 10:03:48 am »

Nosač aviona na nuklearni pogon  vratio se u Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding brodogradilište nakon mesec dana vraćanja u službu. Potrebno je odraditi još neke poslove oko održavanja i prepravki. Očekuje se da će poslovi biti završeni do decembra 2009 godine.

Cela vest ...

CVN 70’s Carl Vinson Checks in for Maintenance 1 Month after Return to Service

The nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson [CVN 70] is returning to Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding in Newport News, VA this month for $50 million worth of maintenance work following completion of its refueling and complex overhaul (RCOH) and return to service in July.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Northrop Grumman expects to complete the maintenance work by December 2009. The work is being performed under a modification to a previously awarded contract (N62793-03-G-0001). Contract funds of $30.7 million will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair in Newport News, VA manages the contract.

Northrop Grumman explained that the maintenance, known as the ship’s Post Shakedown Availability, is a typical step to resolve any issues that came up during the RCOH process…

Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding redelivered USS Carl Vinson to the Navy on July 11/09, following a 3 1/2 RCOH. The RCOH is performed only once in a carrier’s 50-year life and includes extensive modernization work to more than 2,300 compartments, hundreds of system upgrades, and over 20 million man-hours of work, which includes defueling and refueling the nuclear reactors.

USS Carl Vinson is the 3rd Nimitz-class aircraft carrier to complete RCOH at Northrop Grumman Shipbuilding. USS Theodore Roosevelt [CVN 71] is scheduled to begin her RCOH this summer and planning is currently underway for the USS Abraham Lincoln’s [CVN 72] RCOH.

Izvor: defenseindustrydaily

* usscarlvinsoncvn7031046.jpg (38.97 KB, 640x426 - viewed 31 times.)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 07:05:57 pm by Rade » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: