PALUBA
April 28, 2024, 06:44:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Važno - Obavezno proverite neželjenu (junk/spam) e-poštu da bi aktivirali svoj nalog

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grumman pobedio Boing u poslu za tankere USAF-a  (Read 1711 times)

Rade
Administrator
kapetan bojnog broda

« on: March 01, 2008, 09:47:38 am »

29 Feb 16:54 EST (11:54 GMT)

Američko vazduhoplovstvo konačno je donelo odluku o novom avionu tankeru... Posao dobija Northrop Grumman i njegov evropski partner EADS. Odlučujući faktor u izboru bila je veličina aviona. Ovim programom će biti zamenjeno svih 600 tankera koji trenutno lete u sastavu američkog vazduhoplovstva.
[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Cela vest
After months of deliberations - and more than one delay - the Air Force has finally decided who will build the service's new refueling tankers
Northrop Grumman and European partner EADS beat out presumptive favorite Boeing for the Air Force's $35-40 billion, 179-plane tanker deal, Air Force officials said. The bigger size of the plane was the crucial factor, they said. It represents the first of three deals that could eventually be worth as much as $100 billion over 30 years to replace almost 600 tankers.
The modified Airbus A330 aerial refueling tanker "gives us more," said Air Force Secretary Michael W. Wynne. "More fuel to offload, more cargo, more passengers, more availability, more flexibility, more dependability and more ability to move patients."

The aircraft, which the Air Force has designated the KC-45A, will provide much greater refueling capabilities than the 50- to 60-year-old KC-135s it will replace. For example, it will be able to refuel two aircraft at the same time, including Air Force and Navy planes, which have different systems for receiving the fuel. Currently, KC-135s must be set up to service one or the other before each flight.

Also important, Air Force officials said, are the plane's defensive systems, which will allow it to get closer to the fight and offload as much fuel as possible.

Air Force officials said they used a best-value determination to select the winner based on five factors: mission capability, proposal risk, past performance, price and life-cycle cost, and integrated fleet refueling assessments, in that order.

The Northrop entry beat Boeing's militarized 767 in four of those five criteria and matched in the fifth, according to one source close to the decision.

"Considered together, these grading criteria ensured the Air Force maximized the capability delivered to the war fighter while optimizing the taxpayers' investment," according to an Air Force statement.

The first test models of the KC-45A will be produced in 2010 and the first operational planes will reach the fleet in 2013. Wynne said the Air Force would like to begin retiring older E models of the KC-135 as soon as possible.

The contract announcement came as something of a surprise to many industry and government observers, who had expected Boeing to get the nod. The Chicago-based company has been building refueling tankers for the Air Force for nearly 50 years.

Boeing is widely expected to protest the decision, even though Air Force leaders, in the weeks leading up to the announcement, tried to convince both sides not to appeal.

In Paris, analysts said the decision is a significant victory for EADS, the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co., which is the parent company of Airbus. It now has a huge entry into the U.S. defense market, they said, but execution of the contract would be crucial.

"This is a great success and an enormous challenge for Airbus," said Loic Tribot La Spiere, chief executive of the Paris-based think tank Centre d'Etude et Prospective Stratégique. "This puts Airbus under great pressure to deliver," he said. "It has no room for mistakes in design or delivery."

Olivier Brochet, an analyst at the Paris brokerage firm Natixis, said, "This is truly good news for EADS. It opens access to the U.S. market, which has essentially been limited to Eurocopter."

The contract award allows EADS and Airbus to transfer assembly of the A330-200 and the cargo version of the airliner to the U.S., which is a key objective of management, which wants to move away from the euro zone and effect a "dollarization" of production costs. "This is a big advance," Brochet said.

"This lends credibility to the EADS management, which has long talked about the U.S. market but which has so far failed to show significant results, except for Eurocopter," he said. The contract was probably worth an extra 2.0 to 2.5 euro per share on the EADS stock price, he said.

Airbus has ample experience in the aerodynamics of the A330 airframe and the challenge lay in integration of the air refueling equipment, Brochet said. Airbus has served an apprenticeship in preparing the A330 tanker for Australia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Britain.

One hotly disputed aspect of the competition was whether the U.S. military should award a contract of this size to a foreign company - and what that might mean for American jobs.

Although many of the parts are to be built in Europe, the final assembly will be done in Mobile, Ala., producing 2,000 new jobs there. In addition, the plane's General Electric engines will be built in North Carolina and Ohio. All told, the contract would support 25,000 jobs for U.S. suppliers.

Wynne said, however, that jobs were not a factor in the Air Force decision.

* 031008dfnnorthroptankerww4.jpg (30.85 KB, 310x215 - viewed 33 times.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 01:26:54 pm by trpe grozni » Logged
Bane
stariji vodnik I klase

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:05:57 pm »

Mala ispravka - nije Grumman nosilac projekta, već EADS. Ovo je i najveći problem, čak toliki da su Amerikanci kompletno poludeli za samo jedan dan. Pokrenuto je i pitanje u samom Kongresu, a Boing je aktivirao sve svoje lobiste.

Više o ovome na http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7272272.stm.

Inače, Boing je već bio viđen za posao, čak su pravili i nekoliko pred proslava, da bi ih dočekao ovako hladan tuš! Zamislite situaciju - 2002. godine je Vazduhoplovstvo pregovaralo sa Boingom i pričalo se o cifri od 23 milijarde $, a danas 2008. godine posao vredi 40 milijardi $ i dobila ga je evropska kompanija. I to ne bilo koja kompanija, nego kompanija koja je Boingu glavni takmac i u civilnom saobraćaju! S obzirom da Airbus i Boing imaju velikih problema sa svojim najnovijim pticama (A-380 i 787 Dreamliner), ovaj posao su obe kompanije videli kao slamku spasa.

Mada, ne bi me čudilo da se posao ospori da Boing dobije na kraju posao. Slično se desilo i kad je prvo odabrano rusko sedište K-36 za najnovije američke avione, da bi kasnije posao bio poništen i dat britanskoj firmi, posle silnih pritisaka u Kongresu i od strane raznih lobista.
Bane
stariji vodnik I klase

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 11:22:30 pm »

Sramota! Tender na kojem je pobedio EADS je oboren i zvanično. O ovome kruže glasine već mesec dana, a sve je počelo kad je procurelo da Boing već par meseci intezivano radi na redizajnu svog rešenja.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7498546.stm

Po zvaničnom objašnjenju "napravljene su ogromne greške" u analizi ponuda prvog tendera Grin Najsmešnija je tvrdnja da je pogrešna procena da bi EADS-ova ponuda bila jeftinija, i to je prihvaćeno tako što je Boing to "objasnio u svojoj žalbi", a nigde ne piše koje su to "nove" činjenice do kojih je došao Boing. Koje su ovo američke budalaštine! Boing kaže: "Majke mi su ovi skuplji", Ministarstvo odbrane kaže: "Aha, onda OK. Obaramo tender."

A vrhunac svega je što pobednika novog tendera ne bira američko vazduhoplovstvo, nego podsekretar Ministarstva odbrane Džon Jang. Shocked Roll Eyes Grin

Jednom rečju: SRAMOTA!

Da sam na mestu EADS-a, podigao bih sve moguće kredite i potplatio koga god treba, samo da konačno sjebu odvratni-meni-niko-ništa-ne-može-Boing.
machak
vodnik I klase

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 05:57:48 pm »

Баш сам се питао шта ће на крају испасти у вези тог тендера.
Не само да је Боинг одвратан, него читава америчка администрација и војноиндустријски комплекс!

Биће интересантно видети шта ће EADS да предузме.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: