PALUBA
April 29, 2024, 08:22:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Čitajte na Palubi roman "Centar" u nastavcima, autora srpskog podoficira i našeg administratora Kuzme

Home   Help Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uspešan test letećeg lasera  (Read 3719 times)

dexy
kapetan korvete

« on: February 14, 2010, 02:02:08 am »

Boeigov prototip "letećeg lasera" baziranog na avionu Boeing 747-400 je uspešno uništio raketu koja je simulirala raketu Scud. Meta je uspešno detektovana zahvaljujući senzorima na avionu, zatim je prvo išlo opaljenje malom snagom kako bi se izmerila atmosferska ometanja i izvršile korekcije, a zatim se išlo sa opaljenjem punom snagom što je dovelo do unišetnja mete koja je lansirana svega dva minuta ranije. Program je dosta osporavan tokom 16 godina koliko se vodi, a prošle godine je otkazana gradnja drugog prototipa baziranog na avionu 747-8, dok je ceo program prekvalifikovan od strane ministarstva odbrane iz razvojnog u demonstracioni, što je takođe dovelo do značajnog smanjenja sredstava namenjenih programu.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Airborne Laser shoots down 1st ballistic target
By Stephen Trimble

The Boeing Airborne Laser Testbed successfully shot down a Scud missile-like target at 2044 PST off the California coast, a landmark achievement in the $6 billion programme's 16-year history.

The ALTB, a 747-400 freighter modified with a 1MW-class chemical laser and a 1.5m telescope mounted on the nose, used onboard sensors to acquire the short-range ballistic target shortly after launch from an offshore, mobile platform, the Missile Defense Agency says in a press release.

The ALTB then fired a low-energy laser to measure atmospheric disturbances and make corrections. Finally, the ALTB fired the high-energy laser, which destroyed the ballistic missile within two minutes of target launch.

The test marked the first attempt by the ALTB to shoot-down a ballistic missile powered by liquid fuel.

The MDA has not revealed the speed of the target missile or its range from the ALTB.

Boeing released a press release describing the event as a "breakthrough with incredible potential".

"We look forward to conducting additional research and development to explore what this unique directed-energy system can do," says Greg Hyslop, vice president and general manager of Boeing Missile Defense Systems.

The Department of Defense, however, last year re-classified the Airborne Laser from a development programme to a testbed effort, and withdrew funds to build a second flight test aircraft based on the 747-8.

In 2009, MDA and Boeing officials said they planned to continue a series of intercept tests through the end of 2010 in an effort to reduce risk and expand the envelope of the ALTB's operations.

The programme has been criticized over its 16-year history as being an expensive and technically problematic solution to the task of intercepting ballistic missiles during the boost phase.

The MDA originally planned to destroy the first ballistic target in 2005, but schedule delays postponed the event for nearly five years.

Boeing is the lead contractor for ABL, but Northrop Grumman and Lockheed Martin also provide major systems. The ABL is comprised of a chemical oxygen iodine laser, or COIL, as the weapon. The telescope is mounted in a bulbous nose assembly weighing 5,443kg (12,000lb).

Izvor: Flight International

* infracrvena slika uništavanja balističke rakete laserom.jpg (155.71 KB, 445x296 - viewed 127 times.)
dexy
kapetan korvete

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 02:08:50 am »

Dodatak gornjoj vesti stiže sa sajta key.aero, u kojem stoji da su dve rakete bile uništene, jedna na tečno, a druga na čvrsto gorivo. Takođe se navodi da je samo praćenje cilja vršeno laserom male energije, dok je megavatni laser prvo opaljenje izvršio na maloj snazi kako bi procenio parametre potrebne za korekturu gađanja, i odmah nakon toga je usledilo opaljenje punom snagom što je dovelo do uništenja cilja.

Airborne laser gets serious

The US Airborne Laser has successfully downed ballistic missiles.

Gary Parsons - 12-Feb-2010

February 12: The US Airborne Laser Test Bed (ALTB) aboard the Boeing YAL-1 has successfully downed ballistic missiles fired from a ground station at San Nicolas Island in California.

Both solid- and liquid-fuel missiles have been downed in tests in early February. Operating near Point Mugu Naval Air Warfare Centre’s Weapons Division Sea Range off the central California coast, the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) said that within seconds of each missile launch, the ALTB used onboard sensors to detect the boosting missile and a low-energy laser to track the target. The ALTB then fired a second low-energy laser to measure and compensate for atmospheric disturbance. Finally the megawatt-class High Energy Laser was fired, heating the boosting ballistic missile to critical structural failure. The entire engagement was completed within two minutes of the missile launching.

Izvor: key.aero

* altb.jpg (83.24 KB, 900x600 - viewed 90 times.)
dexy
kapetan korvete

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:41:54 am »

I na kraju tekst preuzet sa sajta aviation week koji objašnjava da su u testu uništene jedna raketa na tečno gorivo, i dve rakete na čvrsto gorivo tipa Terrier Black Brant koje su zapravo istraživačke rakete namenjene suborbitalnim ispitivanjima i merenjima nastale još pedesetih godina prošlog veka, ali se još uvek koriste za slanje mernih uređaja i instrumenata na velike visine. Ove rakete nisu klasične balističke rakete, ali su odabrane iz prostog razloga što su jeftine, a simulirale su početnu fazu leta balističke rakete tipa Scud. Od letećeg lasera se očekuje da uništi balističku raketu dok je ona upravo u ovoj fazi leta, tako da se može smatrati da su rakete Terrier Black Brant bile dobar izbor što se tiče autentičnosti testa.
U izjavi predstavnika za štampu agencije za raketnu odbranu, u testu je prvo lansirana balistička raketa na tečno gorivo sa platforme na moru koja je uspešno detektovana i uništena, zatim je, sat vremenakasnije, lansirana raketa Terrier Black Brant sa kopna, uspešno detektovana i ozračena laserom, ali je zračenje prekinuto pre uništenja same rakete. Nije objašnjeno zašto je prekinuto sa zračenjem pre uništenja, ali su predstavnici agencije rekli da je taj test zadovoljio sve postavljene kriterijume.
Avion nije sletao između dva testa. Ova poslednja raketa je zapravo bila treća za koju zvaničnici kažu da je uništena, dok je prvi test u kojem je takođe korišćena raketa Terrier Black Brant održan još trećeg februara, ali ostaje nejasno zašto je to tek sada ozvaničeno.

ABL Shoots Down Target, Engages Second

Feb 12, 2010

By Amy Butler abutler@aviationweek.com

The U.S. Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Airborne Laser (ABL) has successfully engaged its first ballistic missile with its powerful chemical laser, shooting it down and demonstrating the concept of using high-powered lasers to destroy such threats in their boost phase of flight.

A series of flight tests included engagement of a single liquid-fueled ballistic missile and two solid-fueled Terrier Black Brant sounding rockets. Though not ballistic missiles, the rockets closely mimic a solid-fueled ballistic missile in the boost phase, the period in which ABL is expected to engage. And they offer a lower-cost alternative to launching actual short-range ballistic missile targets, according to Rick Lehner, an MDA spokesman.

During this long-awaited exercise Feb. 11, the 747-400F-based ABL testbed aircraft self-tracked a boosting liquid-fueled, short-range ballistic missile lofted from a mobile sea platform at 8:44 p.m. (PST) within seconds of launch. The onboard low-energy laser compensated for atmospheric disturbances and then the multimegawatt-class high-energy laser engaged the target, “heating the boosting ballistic missile to critical structural failure,” according to a statement from MDA officials. The engagement lasted about two minutes, the officials say.

Within one hour, MDA engaged the second target, a solid-fueled Terrier Black Brant, which was launched from a ground location. Lasing terminated prior to its destruction. MDA officials nonetheless say this demonstration “met all its test criteria,” but they do not cite a reason why the target was not fully lased to destruction.

The ABL did not land or reconstitute the chemicals used to form the laser between the two engagements.

This round, using the sounding rocket, was actually ABL’s third airborne target and its second airborne solid-fuel target engagement, according to MDA officials. The first was apparently quietly “destroyed” during a Feb. 3 flight test, according to MDA officials, though it is unclear why MDA is only just now acknowledging it.

ABL is designed to precisely lase the outer skin of a boosting missiles to prompt a failure in its structural integrity, destroying the target in flight.

These trials — previously expected last year — took place at a weapons range off of Point Mugu, Calif., and represent a leap forward for the ABL program. The Boeing-led effort has been challenged by numerous technical problems and cost overruns, although it has received much attention as the Pentagon’s flagship chemical laser program. As of last spring, about $4 billion had been spent on ABL. MDA is requesting another $99 million in Fiscal 2011 for directed energy projects, which includes funding for the ABL test bed, and for exploration of potential future applications.

This will be the last year MDA manages the system; following flight trials, it will be turned to the oversight of the Pentagon’s director of defense research and engineering to serve as a testbed for other laser projects.

These airborne shootdown tests were originally scheduled for 2002; most recently officials had hoped to execute it last fall.

Boeing officials noted the achievement, saying, “This experiment marks the first time a laser weapon has engaged and destroyed an in-flight ballistic missile, and the first time that any system has accomplished it in the missile’s boost phase of flight. ALTB [Airborne Laser Test Bed] has the highest-energy laser ever fired from an aircraft, and is the most powerful mobile laser device in the world.”

Northrop Grumman designed and built the high-energy chemical laser while Lockheed Martin supplied the beam control/fire control system for ABL.

There are no plans to produce this design, and as ABL has evolved Defense Dept. officials have become more interested in solid-state lasers. Still, MDA has left the door open to a possible operational system in the future that would build off the lessons learned from ABL.

Photo: MDA

Izvor: Aviation Week

* ABLTest-MissileDefenseAgency.jpg (3.97 KB, 250x150 - viewed 109 times.)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 02:50:22 am by dexy » Logged
dexy
kapetan korvete

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:53:30 pm »

Nekoliko fotografija:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

* abl-01.jpg (100.63 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 70 times.)

* abl-02.jpg (204.51 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 64 times.)

* abl-04.jpg (130.68 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 63 times.)

* abl-05.jpg (121.99 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 76 times.)

* abl-07.jpg (65.86 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 69 times.)

* abl-08.jpg (189.12 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 56 times.)

* abl-09.jpg (130.87 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 48 times.)

* abl-10.jpg (240.37 KB, 1440x960 - viewed 55 times.)
pvanja
kapetan korvete

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 08:58:06 am »

Bice interesanto ako uspeju da ovako nesto ugrade u B-52 ili cak B-1B mada sumljam da ce uskoro moci da ga toliko smanje da stane u bilo koji od ova dva aviona.

<iframe width="720" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ckOJhlKfHnE?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:25:27 pm by trpe grozni » Logged
Boro Prodanic
Počasni global moderator
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:12:48 am »

Interesantno je da nisu objavili brzinu i udaljenost cilja u momentu pogotka, iz toga bi se moglo dosta zaključiti o efikasnosti sistema, zato valda i ne daju te podatke.
pvanja
kapetan korvete

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:04 pm »

Sa samog snimka se moze zakljuciti da udaljenost nije velika. Ja kad bih nagadjao max oko 20 km a realnije oko >10km.

Sa druge strane ameri su dosta uznapredovali u tehnologiji laser - uspeli su da montiraju i na humvee i predlazu da ga koriste za unistavanje IED u iraku i avganistanu.
Na testovima je bez problema probijao kosuljicu art. ranate od 155 mm.

dexy
kapetan korvete

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 02:38:09 pm »

U ovom slučaju se koristi gasni laser, i od te ideje se u suštini odustalo tako da ovaj projekat sada služi kao tehnološki demonstrator. U planu je da se razvije laser sa čvrstom optički aktivnom sredinom i da se iskustva stečena na ovom projektu iskoriste kod njega. Pretpostavljam da će i dimenzije biti značajno smanjene kao i problemi održavanja (izgleda da je problem sa gasom što mora da se dopunjuje nakon par opaljivanja pošto su naglasili da nisu sletali između dva opaljenja radi dopune).
Ova tehnologija je veoma perspektivna, ko zna, možda ćemo za 10-20 godina na borbenim avionima imati lasere umesto raketa i topova.
pvanja
kapetan korvete

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:36:25 pm »

U ovom slučaju se koristi gasni laser, i od te ideje se u suštini odustalo tako da ovaj projekat sada služi kao tehnološki demonstrator. U planu je da se razvije laser sa čvrstom optički aktivnom sredinom i da se iskustva stečena na ovom projektu iskoriste kod njega. Pretpostavljam da će i dimenzije biti značajno smanjene kao i problemi održavanja (izgleda da je problem sa gasom što mora da se dopunjuje nakon par opaljivanja pošto su naglasili da nisu sletali između dva opaljenja radi dopune).
Ova tehnologija je veoma perspektivna, ko zna, možda ćemo za 10-20 godina na borbenim avionima imati lasere umesto raketa i topova.

Ako se dobro secam potrosnja struje je poprilicna. Da li neko znak koliko struje trosi ovakva laser i kojom bzinom moze teoretski da gajda tj koliki je interval izmedju dva opaljenja ?
Bane
stariji vodnik I klase

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 03:57:55 pm »

ABL Shoots Down Target, Engages Second
...the multimegawatt-class high-energy laser engaged the target, “heating the boosting ballistic missile to critical structural failure,” according to a statement from MDA officials. The engagement lasted about two minutes, the officials say.

Ovde se pominje dve minute, a koliko se sećam, promo video ABL-a govori o dva ili tri aktiviranja lasera u trajanju od 4-5 sekundi.

Ovo je projekat koji ima malo šanse za uspeh - prvo ograničen je na TBM, što znači da mora biti veoma blizu ratne zone. Problem je i brzina mete koja mora biti relativno mala. Boing sad pominje i uništavanje ICBM-a ali samo u početnoj fazi, tj. dok se ne postigne veća brzina. Ovo je samo po sebi smešno, jer ako već neko dođe sa Boingom 747 na par desetina kilometara od mesta lansiranja ICBM-a, onda može da dođe i nekim znatno manje upadljivijim sredstvom i obavi isti zadatak.

Pvanja, što se tiče potrošnje, zna se samo da snaga COIL-a ide i do 10 MW. Boing očekuje da 747 može da nosi dovoljno "municije" za 30-ak angažovanja protiv jednostavnijih meta koje nemaju deblji oklop.
pvanja
kapetan korvete

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 04:32:29 pm »

@Bane

Pa onda bolje da gadjau lanser na zemlji sa ovim laserom Smiley
leut
Počasni član foruma
kapetan bojnog broda

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 02:13:26 am »

ABL oborio svoj prvi cilj u zraku

Američki proizvođač zrakoplovne tehnike u suradnji s U.S. Missile Defense Agency 11. veljače s uspjehom je obavio prva dva obaranja lansiranih balističkih projektila pomoću laserskog sustava ugrađenog na prilagođenu inačicu putničkog aviona Boeing 747-400F. Tim obaranjem potvrđen je potencijal i budućnost programa koji je Američko ratno zrakoplovstvao (USAF) pokrenulo 2002. s ciljem stvaranja obrambenog proturaketnog sustava.

Prva probna obaranje balističkih projektila obavljena su iznad poligona u Kaliforniji, a svako obaranje se odvijalo za manje od tri minute. Avion Boeing 747-400F (koji nosi oznaku YAL-1) koji se nalazio u zraku, s jednim od svoja dva kilovatna lasera male snage prvo je detektirao lansiranje projektila, potom je s drugim laserom male snage obavio analizu i kompoenziranje atmosferskih poremećaja, te je na kraju s laserskom zrakom (nevidljivom za ljudsko oko) koja je ispaljena s trećeg megavatnog COIL (Chemical oxygen iodine laser) infracrvenog kemijskog lasera velike snage pogodio zahvaćeni projektil u zraku odnosno njegovo obaranje. Prvo je obavljeno obaranje projektila na tekuće gorivo, a potom na kruto gorivo. Prema navodima USAF-a, spremnik na YAL-1, u koji idu jod i kisik, omogućava između 20 i 40 ispaljenja laserske zrake.

Autor: I. Skenderović
Izvor: Hrvatski vojnik http://www.hrvatski-vojnik.hr/

* yal-1a_airborne_laser_boeing.jpg (22.37 KB, 200x153 - viewed 38 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: